Call for Artists: FOOD CHAIN
People's relationship with food is complex - from production to consumption to waste. Artists of all career levels are welcome to show food as a cultural, economic, and even political reference.
FOOD CHAIN means:
- a hierarchical series of organisms each dependent on the next as a source of food
- the series of processes by which food is grown or produced, sold, and eventually consumed
To participate in the exhibition, think about the following as INSPIRATION:
- the beauty of nature giving us food
- the art of cooking
- our healthy and unhealthy habits
- the ways people serve and present food
- what food is made of
- how people consume food
- what we do with waste
- how we use food when building personal, social, and political relationships
Fifteen finalists will be invited to take part in the exhibition hosted at Gallery MC, New York City, in Summer 2018.
The following disciplines are accepted:
- Mixed Media and 3-D Art including Ceramics and Textile
- Digital Art/ Video Art
Entries must be in JPEG format, no larger than 1400 x 1800 pixels, and under 2MB.
Please include your show statement – it will help the jurors and curators understand your work better.
EVALUATION: our jurors are represented by gallery board members, curators, exhibiting artists, art business professionals. Find more information about the Jurors here.
Deadline for Submissions: April 15, 2018. Finalists will be announced on the RE:ARTISTE website in June 2018 and will be personally notified via email.
*The submitting artist owns the copyright to his/her competition entry as its author. By submitting an entry to the art competition the artist gives RE:ARTISTE permission for the entry to be used on the RE:ARTISTE website and its social media channels. The artist gives RE:ARTISTE the right to use his/her name and city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying the artist as the author of the entry. The entry fee is not refundable.